The Wayfair conspiracy began trending in 2020 after people online noticed that ordinary pieces of furniture were priced at thousands of dollars on the website, and that many of these listings had human names that coincidentally coincided with the names of "real missing children". Of course, Wayfair promptly removed all of these listings and claimed that there's no truth behind any of this, calling it an insane conspiracy theory and claiming that they were not involved with anything of this sort. Their story is that the algorithm they used to generate product names pulled from common first names, places, and words to create unique identifiers for items, even though a lot of these names don't really seem that common. Like this Samaya 5 shelf that Wayfair was selling for nearly $14,000. Many of the people who were linked to this conspiracy have since been found and come forward saying that they were not involved in anything of this sort. including Samaya Moomin, who apparently went missing in Ohio at 17. I say apparently because she even did a Facebook Live in 2020 refuting the claims and saying that she was never even missing to begin with. She wasted no time doing this either. The day after the conspiracy began trending, Samaya went on Facebook Live and quelled all the rumors. And I'm not implying anything here, but it is pretty convenient for Wayfair. Regardless of how much truth there may or may not be to this conspiracy, trying to put a face to these names is a needle in the haystack situation. Nearly a million people are reported missing every year in the United States. So any one of these names that appear on the Wayfair website is going to match multiple different cases. Even for a rarer name like Samaya, there's going to be a handful of them that go missing every year. And for a more common name like Mary that also appeared on the Wayfair website, It's gonna be more like hundreds if not thousands of people. Of course, there's not actually any truth to this because the media has labeled it a conspiracy. And as we all know, if this was real, it would obviously be all over the news, right? And I'm not being sarcastic when I say that, just like I totally wasn't being sarcastic last video when I said that the Clintons are trustworthy. I'm never sarcastic, I'm actually just the only Gen C on the planet who trusts the mainstream media and has a favorable opinion of the Clintons. Anyways, you'll notice that the media and Wayfair themselves seem to focus on the industrial-sized storage cabinets that Wayfair says are reasonably priced for business and commercial use. In this BBC article, Wayfair responds to the allegations by saying, quote, We have temporarily removed the products from our site to rename them and to provide a more in-depth description and photos that accurately depict the product to clarify the price point." BBC, the British Broadcasting Company, adds on to this by writing, "There are also baseless claims that personalized pillows, which can cost up to $10,000, are that expensive because it involves trafficking. This is one of the few articles that you can find that mention any other furniture item at all besides the industrial grade cabinets, and it's just a throwaway line at the end. By the way guys, personalized pillows can cost up to $10,000 and that's completely normal. One of these personalized pillows that Wayfair was allegedly selling was a $10,098 lumbar pillow. Strangely, in an article published by Fox Business, they write that "a search for the product results in a page on the Wayfair site for the same pillow with a $99 price tag." Effectively saying that the other screenshot for the $10,000 one is fake. Except, these are two distinctly different listings. The pattern on the pillows are similar but not the same, the shape of the pillows is different, one square and the other's rectangular, and the cheaper one is not even for a pillow at all. It's for a pillow cover. The same article reads, quote, "There is, of course, no truth to these claims. Susan Frecchetti, a Wayfair spokeswoman, told Fox Business in an email Friday. The products in question are industrial grade cabinets that are accurately priced. This is a really strange looking, accurately priced industrial grade cabinet, right? I mean, I'm glad she cleared that up because if I didn't know any better, I would say that looks like a pillow. You may have also noticed that this pillow has Ellen DeGeneres' name attached to it. Ellen launched a partnership with Wayfair in 2015 known as the "ED Collection" because it seems like Jeffrey and some of his billionaire buddies were pretty big supporters of Wayfair. In fact, the company appears over 400 times in just the public database that is available to us, which is quite a lot for a cheap furniture retailer. Now, some of these mentions are just subscription notifications when you sign up for their email list, but many of them are orders made by Jeffery, like this order for an undisclosed product totaling at nearly $9,000, which was notably placed in 2018, years before the conspiracy would come to light. I'm sure this order was just for an industrial grade cabinet for use in his restaurant, right? Or this update on the order he placed for chairs that he was gifting to one of Ellen's biggest influences, Woody Allen. A redacted sender tells Jeffery, "I checked on this order and it has not left the warehouse as of yet. It will be delivered today." Wayfair will be calling me back with an update in two hours." To which he replies, "Thank you for the update. No problem. We're not going to be eating outside in the backyard in November in the 50s." Maybe this is just about chairs, it does read normal enough, but why the rush and what's up with the "urgent updating" especially if they're not going to be needed for the rest of the month? Why is "NOT" written in all capitals as if it's so important that Jeffrey knows his chairs are still at the warehouse? Also, these guys are billionaires. Why is he gifting another billionaire cheap patio chairs from Wayfair? In an email sent the following day, we learn that this was a birthday gift. The subject reads, "Surprise! Jeffrey sent you something special. What better birthday gift for your billionaire friend who married his ex-girlfriend's daughter that he knew than cheap plastic furniture from Wayfair?" I'm sure it would make perfect seating for the pizza parties that all of these famous rich people are such big fans of. That's not the only strange gift that Jeffrey sent to Woody Allen because four years prior in 2012, Jeffrey instructed a redacted name to "get 20 ice cream pints and deliver them to Woody with a happy birthday note." Ice cream's a weird gift to give anyone once they're outside of grade school, much less Woody Allen who was at this time 77 years old. You can also find this email sent in 2013 instructing to "get redacted photos and ice cream." And whoever sent this and received it have both had their names redacted. And shortly before his arrest in 2019, his trusted assistant Leslie Groff, whose name appears in the database a whopping 164,111 times, sent a seemingly urgent email that Jeffrey needed to have his trash taken out. Jeffrey just asked you to please throw out the eggplant and ice cream exclamation point question mark question mark question mark exclamation point. Just do it. Thanks. I might sound crazy when I say this might blow your mind here, but I think they're not actually talking about ice cream or eggplants or chairs. I think they might be speaking in code. But who knows, maybe these people who just hoard all of the money in the world actually take pleasures in such simple aspects of life like ice cream and patio furniture from Wayfair. Seriously though, could it be more obvious? Anyways, that's all I have for you today, thank you so much for watching and not to sound like a broken record here, but I do have to say it again, everything in here is a completely unfounded conspiracy, none of it's real, and I'm crazy. If it sounds like I believe this, you should not take anything I say seriously at all because I'm completely insane, but not crazy enough to ever jeopardize my own life or anyone around me. Seriously though, take care of yourself and your mind because if you let this stuff take up too much space up there, it can really stress you out and negatively affect you. So go hug your mom, tell her you love her, go play with your dog, go to the gym, do something to get your mind off of this and stay connected to the real world. If you want to see more content like this in the future, don't forget to subscribe. Again, my name is Chase, thank you so much for watching, and I'll see you again in the next video. Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment